Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world’s most advanced jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to become a part of our organization. If you would like to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to incorporate new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you’ve been waiting for!
Pratt & Whitney, a United Technologies Corp. company (NYSE:UTX), is a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines, auxiliary and ground power units, small turbojet propulsion products and industrial gas turbines.
We reported an operating profit of $1.9 billion in 2013 on revenues of $14.5 billion. Our company has approximately 31,500 employees who support more than 11,000 customers around the world.
Frederick Rentschler founded Pratt & Whitney in Hartford, Connecticut, in 1925. Our first aircraft engine transformed the aviation industry. It was the 410- horsepower, aircooled Wasp, which delivered unprecedented performance and reliability for the time. We have been leading change ever since.
The successful candidate will provide Human Resources services to 3+ business units (300 employees across 4 shifts) within the North Berwick site.
The position focuses heavily on employee relations, staffing of hourly positions, compensation, supervisory coaching and resource allocation.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Ensure timely and effective staffing of hourly positions (recruiting, selection and hiring, onboarding and orientation)
- Provide effective customer support to resolve wide variety of inquiries from employees from all areas and levels of the operation
- Provide advice and counsel to managers on a variety of topics to optimize employee engagement, team development, and organizational effectiveness
- Assisting leadership with performance management, recognition and discipline; making recommendations on compensation actions
- Conducting investigations and recommending appropriate corrective action if needed
- Objectively assess and bring to resolution employee relations issues
- Provide strategic counsel regarding employee engagement trends/data to organizational leaders
- Ensure compliance with the UTC Code of Ethics and related policies
- BS/BA in Business, Human Resources, Finance or related field. A graduate degree in a related field is preferred.
- 5-7+ years of progressively increasing responsibility in HR
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Ability and demonstrated skills leading change through organization in HR roles
- Experience in managing conflict and diffusing difficult situations
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written, and strong interpersonal skills
- Proven customer focused experience and excellent business judgment
- Strong analytical and systems skills
- Must work well under pressure and have the flexibility to manage multiple demands
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: