Sow the Seeds of Love by Planting a Tree, Enjoying “Ecodisiacs” and Biodynamic Wine
San Francisco (Jan. 25, 2010) – Each year about 1 billion Valentine’s Day cards are sent, making the holiday the second largest day of the year for greeting cards. This year, Joie de Vivre is encouraging lovers to show their affection for each other (and Mother Earth) in a more environmentally conscious way. With free e-cards and a new eco-friendly package, Joie de Vivre is offering romantic indulgences that have less impact on the environment.
The new “Sowing the Seeds of Love” eco-romance package lets guests who book a hotel stay at one of Joie de Vivre’s 35 hotels between Jan. 21 and Dec. 15, 2010 (for travel between Feb. 11 and Dec. 31, 2010) enjoy “ecodisiacs” (environmentally-friendly aphrodisiacs), from organic chocolates to “green” bath amenities, as well as a bottle of Bonterra Vineyards biodynamic wine and a tree planted in California in honor of their love. The package can be booked through the end of the year directly through the hotel or online at www.jdvhotels.com using the promo code SEED.
“We’re committed to sustainability and have been for years,” said Chip Conley, Joie de Vivre’s founder and CEO. “Our Green Dreams program applies that mission in a number of areas at our properties, from recycling to energy and water conservation. The romance package gives our guests a chance to learn more about what we are doing for the environment and make a statement about their own values.” Five of the 10 hotels to receive San Francisco Green Business certification are Joie de Vivre hotels. One of them, the Hotel Carlton, received LEED-Gold certification in the existing buildings category in 2009, making it the greenest hotel in San Francisco by U.S. Green Building Council standards. The company also recently rolled out a compostable line of bath amenities from Lather in the majority of its hotels. More information about Green Dreams is available here.
Joie de Vivre’s “Sowing the Seeds of Love” package details are as follows:
- Sowing the Seeds of Love eco-romance package can be booked directly through the hotel or online at www.jdvhotels.com. Book by entering the promo code SEED.
- Rate is bookable from Jan. 21 through Dec. 15, 2010 and is good for travel from Feb. 11 through Dec. 31, 2010.
- Guests will receive one “ecodisiac” and a bottle of Bonterra Vineyards biodynamic wine (guests’ choice of red, white, or rosé) upon check-in.
- Guests will receive a post-stay email certificate that a tree has been planted in their name. Trees are planted by Joie de Vivre’s partner, EcoUnit (http://www.ecounit.com/) .
- Package amenities are good for one-night stay, double occupancy.
- Blackout dates apply and room rates are subject to availability.
- Cannot be combined with other offers or promotions.
About Joie de Vivre
San Francisco-based Joie de Vivre (http://www.jdvhotels.com) is a collection of creative lifestyle businesses. Founded in 1987 by Chip Conley, Joie de Vivre manages nearly 40 boutique hotels, more than 20 restaurants and four spas, and is recognized for creating some of the most innovative hospitality services and products and designing one-of-a-kind properties. Joie de Vivre also manages residential projects with hotel-style services and amenities. As California’s largest boutique hotel collection, Joie de Vivre Hotels is becoming the hotel brand synonymous with the California travel experience, offering a wide range of unique urban, suburban and waterfront boutique hotels that cater to leisure and business travelers in all market segments. Joie de Vivre hotels are located in San Francisco, Marin County, Silicon Valley, San Francisco East Bay, Big Sur, Sonoma County, Santa Cruz, Sacramento, Los Angeles, Huntington Beach, Long Beach, and Venice Beach.
SOURCE: Joie de Vivre