Business Development Executive | Regence | Pocatello, ID
Sales, Business Development Executive
- Represents Regence by selling all lines of business including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability etc.
- Responsible for strategic territory development and agent relationships. Responsible for acquiring new various size group(s) business for assigned territory.
- Will sell direct and /or through broker/agent.
Key Qualifications & Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, business, or related field. May substitute an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
- Four years sales experience with two years preferable in employee benefits.
- Must be currently licensed, or must become licensed within 90 days of hire, to sell insurance (health, life, and /or disability) in the state or states where business is conducted. Prior to receiving a license staff are not allowed to engage in soliciting or selling activities.
- Must have a valid state driver’s license.
- Demonstrates proficiency in desktop application software including email, word processing, spreadsheets and creating presentations.
- Demonstrates fully proficient verbal/written presentation skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize to meet established deadlines
- Ability to plan and execute an effective sales approach.
- Demonstrates relationship skills
- Ability to engage in community/ networking opportunities outside of normal business hours.
- Demonstrates a consistent focus on achieving or surpassing results/goals.
- Displays an enthusiastic, fully committed, and self-directed approach to work.
- Represent Regence in a positive professional manner in the marketplace.
- Ability to establish and maintain a top prospect list and sales pipeline
- Ability to quickly adapt and change priorities.
- May require participation in an industry organization.
Regence employees are part of the larger Cambia family of companies, which seeks to drive innovative health solutions. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. A drug screen and background check is required.
Regence is 2.2 million members, here for our families, co-workers and neighbors, helping each other be and stay healthy and provide support in time of need. We’ve been here for members more than 90 years. Regence is a nonprofit health care company offering individual and group medical, dental, vision and life insurance, Medicare and other government programs as well as pharmacy benefit management. We are the largest health insurer in the Northwest/Intermountain Region, serving members as Regence BlueShield of Idaho, Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon, Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Utah and Regence BlueShield (in Washington). Each plan is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
If you’re seeking a career that affects change in the health care system, consider joining our team at Cambia Health Solutions. We advocate for transforming the health care system by making health care more affordable and accessible, increasing consumers’ engagement in their health care decisions, and offering a diverse range of products and services that promote the health and well- being of our members. Cambia’s portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: